After securing the series 2-0 with a comprehensive victory in Indore, India will face Australia in their final match before the ODI World Cup 2023, scheduled for Wednesday (September 27), at Saurashtra Cricket Association Stadium in Rajkot.
India’s convincing 99-run (DLS) win in the second ODI on Sunday showcased their strength, with centuries by Shubman Gill and Shreyas Iyer, as well as Ravichandran Ashwin‘s three-wicket haul, addressing key aspects of their game. With the return of players like Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli, the Indian team is expected to further bolster its lineup.
India’s pinnacle XI for the 3rd ODI against Australia
Rohit Sharma: Known as the “Hitman,” Rohit is one of India’s most accomplished openers. With multiple records, including three double centuries in ODIs, he brings immense experience to the team. Recently leading India to victory in the Asia Cup 2023, his leadership skills are as impressive as his batting prowess.
Ishan Kishan: Partnering with Rohit, young Kishan has displayed great promise. Although he hasn’t had substantial scores in the series, he’s known for his aggressive batting style and could provide explosive starts.
Virat Kohli: Kohli, often called the “Run Machine,” is among the world’s best batter. He possesses remarkable consistency, and his hunger for runs is unparalleled. Kohli’s leadership qualities and batting prowess make him a vital asset.
Shreyas Iyer: Iyer’s return from injury has been impactful, exemplified by his century against Australia in the 2nd ODI. His elegant stroke play and ability to stabilize the innings are crucial for India’s middle-order stability.
KL Rahul: Rahul’s form has been exceptional, particularly since the Continental Cup. He’s not only a dependable opener but also a skilled wicketkeeper. His ability to build partnerships and accelerate the scoring rate is invaluable.
- Hardik Pandya: Pandya, India’s premier all-rounder, adds depth to the side with his explosive batting and vital contributions with the ball. His ability to finish games and provide crucial breakthroughs make him a game-changer.
- Ravindra Jadeja: Jadeja, known for his all-round skills, contributes with the ball, bat, and in the field. His spin bowling has fetched key wickets, and his exceptional fielding saves crucial runs. While his batting form has varied, his overall package is invaluable.
- Ravichandran Ashwin: Ashwin’s resurgence in white-ball cricket has been impressive. His clever variations and ability to break partnerships have been crucial. His experience adds depth to the spin department.
- Kuldeep Yadav: Kuldeep is a wrist spinner who can turn the ball both ways. He was named the player of the tournament in the Asia Cup 2023. His ability to deceive batters and take wickets consistently makes him a potent weapon.
- Jasprit Bumrah: Bumrah is India’s pace spearhead and one of the world’s leading fast bowlers. His unique action and ability to bowl lethal yorkers in death overs make him a match-winner. His return from injury adds firepower to the bowling attack.
- Mohammed Siraj: Siraj has gained prominence for his ability to generate movement with the new ball. He’s been a revelation with his seam and swing bowling, making early breakthroughs. His tenacity and consistency are assets for India.